Friday, June 29, 2018

Bypass Google's Factory Reset Protection on Samsung J5

    Hi there, its been a while since my last post. I am quite busy with the past few months, that is why I haven't posted anything new. But this time, I would like to share my experience in bypassing Google's Factory Reset Protection on Samsung J5.

   A friend  approach me about a problem on her celphone. According to her, her celphone is lock. So I said ok, I will try to unlock it. I accept the job because I have already experiences unlocking android phones. You know, problems like this can be solve with hard reset or installation of stock firmwares and other methods. But this one is different. I am stuck on this.


   So I ask the owner of her google account and password because that's the solution, correct and ideal thing to do. But unfortunately she could not remember it. So I google it and do some research and find out that Samsung Phones have also implemented this kind of security mechanism similar with IPhone's.


   In my opinion, putting passwords and applying factory reset protection on your phones is great, because the moment you lose your phone or someone stolen it, they would have a difficulty accessing it because it's password protected. Now, what they will do is reset the phone but eventually they will be asked to enter the google account and password. Now, that makes the phone unusable. 

   But here's the drawback, what if you accidentally lock your phone. Then you do factory reset and the FRP lock is on and you forgot your google account and password and you are not aware of these things and it goes on and on.  
   So anyway, since the phone is entrusted to me. So I do research and watch youtube videos. I tried several solutions and finally got the right one. So here is the result. Voila!


     I also read that Samsung is continuously patching their phones against flaws and loopholes. Actually it's a battle between Samsung and hackers and one solution may not work with the other one because of the different android versions. 
  
   Now how to prevent this problem. First, write down all your accounts and passwords in a separate device or notebook. Your messenger account, facebook account, google account, yahoo account, samsung account and any other accounts and also the passwords and patterns and any security PINs you installed in your celphone.  Make sure to keep it to your self. This can be handy in times like this.  Second, if you are not sure, try googling it or ask questions from people like me. Hahahaha, just kidding. 

   Thank you for reading and I hope you have learn from this post.  BTW, I have seen people with FIVE Facebook accounts. 😃

No comments: