Thursday, February 27, 2014

Desktop Shortcuts Are All The Same

This problem might occur when someone opens a shortcut or a link in a flash drive. Since the shortcut is not associated to any program, the OPENS WITH dialog windows will ask the user to select a program. If the user selects a program, say Microsoft Word, all the application shortcuts in the desktop will change to Microsoft Word. There are several solutions to this problem.

First solution


1. create a new user account.
2. copy or cut all files to your new account
3. delete the old account
4. install or update your antivirus

Second solutiom

1. change the default program of all shortcuts. preferably a small program and you do not use. (mine I associate all shortcut to adobe reader.
2. uninstall the application (I uninstall the adobe reader)
3. shortcuts will go back to its original
4. do not install again the program that you uninstalled. (mine I installed pdflite because I need a program to read pdf's)
5. install or update your antivirus.

Hope this experience of mine can help you. :)



No comments: